Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kindness past along

Shania's Thursday and Friday tests were changed do to schedule mix ups, so Tuesday and Wednesday are her next test days. Shania,Shannon and I were up early this morning so Shania suggested a breakfast in bed morning for mom, so I cooked up some back bacon while the girls cut up some fruit and did an arrangement with them. Shania made up a sign "dont come out if you wake up" and slide it under the door. Once everything was ready , Shania got a scented candle and they all had breakfast in bed watching Max & Ruby on the TV in our room. I went back to work a couple weeks ago seeing that Shania had greatly improved and was off the IV all together. Karen is going to remain home until Shania goes back to school, sometime near the end of March. Hopefully she doesn't get sick between now and then. Karen and I would like to thank the people at my work(Bombardier Aerospace, De-havilland Division, Union 112&673) for there generosity while I was off work. I left early on Friday to go skating with the Karen and the girls, on my way out I saw my union rep and he told me about someone at my work, who had terminal Cancer. And how when they had collected money and presented it to him, that he thanked them very kindly and requested that the Union give the money to someone at work who could use it more than himself. So when they found out about Shania and our families struggle with cancer, they included this kind mans donation with what had already been collected by my friends at work. He passed away two months after Shania was diagnosed. It's people like this that make the world a better place to live in. Kindness like this passed along does makes a difference. lt definitely did for us and we will not forget this!
Thank you, sincerely.
Shayne,Karen,Shania&Shannon.