Thursday, July 12, 2007

Shania's letting here fingers do the walking:)

Shania got her phone and it's all hooked up. We had to go back out on Tuesday because they discontinued the model that Shania wanted, and were all sold out when Children's wish foundation went to get it for her. But I tell you what a smile when she got her first phone call. They got her eights and nines in her phone number because those are her favorite numbers. This phone has all the same features, but is grey and silver instead of just silver. She's been getting phone numbers and calling friends. This is a big thing for an eight year old girl and she is really enjoying it. The only thing is that her body isn't keeping up with her spirit. She is on the oxygen most of the time now. Monday night after her blood transfusion she was feeling really well and asked me if I would have a sleep over. I thought that this was a great idea and I got Shania's foam mattress and pillows from the living room and set them up beside her bed. Next was the popcorn and then we started reading a book called "stupid kids jokes" and Karen said that she had a hard time falling asleep because we were laughing so loud. It was late, but we were just having to good of a time to go to sleep, and besides it was a sleep over. And a great one at that. Karen had one last night and they painted there nails and had just as much fun. Shania calls out for us, just to make sure we are still there, because she is getting frightened. We hold hands a lot and I can feel the pulse of her heart beating so fast. And it scares me to! Shania got another blood transfusion today. The lack of sleep is catching up to me. I will try to update about Shania going to see the Harry Potter movie and about a party that Sick Children's Hospital is having for Shania on Sunday. As long as she is well enough. Thank you everyone for your support I can not put into words what it means to us.
With love,
Sincerely,
Shayne,Karen,Shania&Shannon.