Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beautiful Sunflowers everywhere

The sunflower that Shania loved so much, seems to be everywhere I go. I have been out and about on the bike called "True North" that I am borrowing for the "Ride for Karen". Every time I see a batch of sunflowers it gives me a boost in my legs to do this fundraiser challenge of 160KM. I rode out to my dads on Sunday and didn't even realize that the route that I was going went right passed the Cemetery/Funeral home on Elgin Mills where we had Shania's celebration of life. It was like Shania gave me a big push to make it out to my dad's. Shania and I decided to do this great fundraiser just before we found out that the cancer had spread to her lungs. She got out her home made clip board at the hospital and wrote me up a training schedule. She is still my trainer and motivator for this ride, she is in my heart and on my mind every time I go out for a ride. I have only been able to get out five times since we found out that Shania had the cancer in her lungs and past away two weeks later. But hopefully I can get out a bit more before the big day. If anyone is interested in sponsoring Shania and I for this incredible cause. Go to www.rideforkaren.com and look us up, or E-mail me at Shania.com@rogers.com all the money raised goes to sending cancer kids to camp. We also have been trying to get the five hundred bracelets all done for this ride. Thank you to everyone that is helping us make all of these bracelets, I know we wouldn't have been able to do it without you. Shania's second annual Sunflower of Hope Fun Fair will be on May 3RD 2008 this year coming up. Our good friend Anji Sharp said that she is looking forward to doing it again this year. We want to add another building to it this year. And hopefully we will be able to get the fair us wheel that Shania wanted for this year. School starts next week and this is going to be another big milestone that will be tough to do without Shania with us. Shannon isn't looking forward to it without her big sister with her. It's going to be hard on all of us. Shania loved school so much, she loved everything about Reesor Park School/Family/Community, her friends,teachers, the challenges of learning new things, everything.
I will always believe in Shania I will I will !!!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With love that is true,
Shayne,Karen,Shannon&Whiskey