Saturday, August 04, 2007

My buddy old pal

I found a CD that has the classic movie Doctor Zhivago's theme song, it's called Lora's Theme. I'm listening to it right now on repeat. It is such a soothing melody. I woke up a little while ago and just started to think about our Shania right away. It's so hard not to, we miss her so much. All of the great memories that we have of her, but it hurts so much just remembering them right now. I want to watch all of the home videos of our family but we can't do that yet. Hopefully we will soon because we miss her so... Years ago when Shania was younger she came up to me, I can't remember what I was doing at the time, but I guess Shania thought I needed cheering up or she just wanted to kid around, But she put her cheek to mine and said " how are you doing buddy old pal, pal old buddy, old buddy pal, pal old buddy,buddy old pal". And I started to laugh, and do you know when you get one of those laughs when you can't stop laughing, and the more you try to stop laughing, the more it makes you laugh, until your stomach starts to hurt from laughing so hard, well that was one of those ones. So this kind of became our little joke. Anytime one of us needed cheering up or we just wanted to kid around we would put or cheeks together and say how are you doing buddy old pal , pal old buddy, buddy old pal. Well the last night that I had a sleep over with Shania which was the second night before she passed away. She was labouring with her breathing, so she was having to use her stomach muscles more and more to breath, from either the cancer in her lungs or the fluid around her lungs. Anyways Shania asked me if I could rub her tummy, so I said sure and asked if I could snuggle beside her and rub her tummy. Shania thought that this was a good idea and slide over to make room on her little pooh bear covered bed. She put her frail arm around my neck and I put my cheek to her cheek, I said "I love you buddy old pal" and " She replied " I love you too buddy old pal" and the tears started to flow. We just lay there me rubbing her tummy, her with her arm around my neck, cheek to cheek for the longest time. It was one of those special moments that take your breath away. I wish it didn't have to ever end. I miss my sweet little Shania so much, it just hurts so bad and seems to come in waves. I miss my buddy old pal more than words can say. I hope that time will fade the pain, so we can remember all of those "beautiful moments that take your breath away" without the feelings of dis pare.

I would like to thank everyone for all of your support of our family during this very difficult time right now. Thank you for the beautiful cards, flowers and the continued financial support of Shania's cause. Also a big thanks to Nicole Lightfoot and her mom and dad, Becky and Dean for having a bake sale at the corner of there street in Waterdown Ontario. They raised over one hundred dollars for Shania's Sunflower of hope. Last night we went over to the Markham Veterinarian Clinic and Shannon picked the winner for the draw on a beautiful Sunflower picture. They also had a sunflower garden in the window, so when someone made a donation they would post a sunflower on there window. Some one there made pet treats and sold those along with Shania's shirts and jewelry. A percentage of the pet procedures went to Shania's cause also. They extended the Shania week into two weeks and made a grand total of "one thousand eight hundred and sixty three dollars and twenty six cents. If anyone is looking to take there pet to get loving care. This is the place, these people are amazing, thanks again from the bottom of our hearts. Have a great weekend and give a hug to your loved ones, because a hug can mean so much especially if it's cheek to cheek
:)

I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With love that is true,
Shayne,Karen,Shannon&Whiskey.