Monday, July 16, 2007

Another one of those moments

Shania has a nurse coming in to stay at night last night it was Yvonne and tonight it's Millicent, but she still wants us to have sleep overs with her, and that's just what we did. I just moved over to the other side of the bed. Around 3:ooAm she had to go to the washroom, and I got up out of habit. and when she got into bed she put her frail arms out to me, and we gave each other a great big hug and she said those beautiful words that melted my heart "I love you daddy". As George Carlin say's in one of his poems: "life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away". and this was one of those moments. We were down at Sick Children's Hospital again today for Plat lets. She didn't need haemoglobin this time. Shania had a party at our house on Sunday with her friends from school. Shania wanted this party to celebrate all of the things that she missed with them at school, like Halloween, Christmas, Easter and Valentines day. So we decorated our house up with all of our seasonal decorations. This is Shania, with all the things that she is going threw. She wanted to celebrate all the fun things in life, with her friends. She got quit dizzy half way threw the party, because she was sitting up in the wheel chair for so long. And probably because she was so excited to see her friends again. We had a special orthopedic mattress for her and she enjoyed the second half of the party watching the magician do his show, which was excellent. They also did mask painting, picture frame decorating, karaoke and all kinds of treats. It's all about living life to it's fullest everyday. Not waiting until tomorrow or the weekend or retirement. Shania wants to be a teacher, and I know that I have learned more than I could ever have imagined from her, what life is truly meant to be about. And I will carry these lesson close to my heart for the rest of my life. Shania said to thank her friends for coming to her party. It meant so much to her to have it. Shania has been invited out to the live show of Canadian Idol by Zack tomorrow night at 7:00PM. We asked Shania if she wants to go, and she said that she does. But we will wait and see how she is feeling.
I do believe in Shania I do I do !!!!
I do believe in Shania I do I do !!!!!!!!!!
I do believe in Shania I do I do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With love that is true,
Shayne,Karen,Shania&Shannon.