Thursday, July 19, 2007

So Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shania got her fairy wings today. She passed away peacefully this morning around eight o'clock AM. But not before she gave Karen and I a big hug at the same time, like a caring mother would to make them feel better and not to worry. She was up since one in the morning. Karen had the sleep over night last night, and she said to Karen " mommy you go and lay down and try to get some sleep". This is what made Shania so special, even when she was dying she was thinking about other people. She had her favorite meal last night Loblaws chicken and potato wedges. And made a joke about getting them. She said not to tell them that you want chicken and wedgies because they might ask you to turn around and give you a wedgie. This is another thing that we loved about Shania, was her incredible sense of humour. She was really struggling to breath this morning when I woke up at five. Shannon woke up around seven and came in. I asked Shania if there is anything that she wanted to say to Shannon. She said "I love you" and Shannon said "I love you too". We kept telling her that we are with you, and that we will never forget you. You will always be in our hearts forever and ever with love that is true. Shania asked if we could turn up the oxygen and I checked but it was at the maximum that it could go. She began to fall into a dream like state. She was talking with her eyes closed and said " I want to stay here because it is nice." And Karen asked "where are you" for which she replied "I am at Sick Kids" so Karen said "yes it is nice". We are so glad that she was having nice thoughts at this time. It is her tribute to all of the fine people that dedicate so much to these kids and this incredible hospital they call The Hospital for Sick Children, it was her home away from home for the last year and she loved everyone there. I phoned her grandparents, and they said there good byes to Shania also. She couldn't respond but I'm sure that she could hear them loud and clear. This is so heart breaking to go through, and I don't want to begin to explain how I feel right now. But I can say that she looked so beautiful and at peace once she had left us. With what looked like a faint smile on her face and we could still see those pretty dimples. This cancer couldn't take those away. Karen, my sister Danielle, and my mom did her nails up and my mom put some lip gloss on her. We left her frilled tinker bell pyjamas on her, and we think that she will have them for the funeral because she loved them so. She listened to her "loves first glow CD till the end. My love for her will never dim as long as I live. I am as proud as a father can be, to be given this privilege of having Shania and Shannon as my daughters. If anyone would like to call Shania and leave a message on her answering machine 905-201- 8998. I think she would like that. You can here her voice on the recording. Please just don't call to late at night thanks. The funeral viewing will be at Elgin Mills Chapel and visitation centre at 1591 Elgin Mills RD East, Richmond Hill on the South east corner of Elgin Mills and Leslie St. Viewing will be on Saturday July 21 at 6-9 PM, and a second viewing will be on Sunday July 22 from 12-2PM with service to follow to get a map go to www.etouch.ca . If anyone would like to make a donation to Shania's Sunflower of Hope cause, you can do so at any Canada Trust, account # 5212832 all proceeds going to the James fund for Neuroblastoma Research at Sick Children's Hospital.
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Her dream will live on,
With love that is true,
Sincerely,
Shayne,Karen,Shania&Shannon
P.S. Shannon wants to say something about her big sister: I love you and I like you. You are sweet and you are nice. I miss you Shania.
Love Shannon.