Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fairy Princess Falls

Shan made it through the first week of school just fine. She was a little upset the night before the first day of school, so Karen and Shan put a picture of Shania in her back pack along with a couple of plush toys, one that principal Janet porter had given her and Shans cuddly cat. Shanias class last year was moved down the hall, so Shans class ended up with the grade threes coat rack and guess which hook Shan picked. Shans teacher Miss Folkes said that she would put her name beside Shania's. This touched Karen and I deeply when Shannon told us after school. It's like they are together still in a way, with Shania watching over her little sister still. I'm sure it's comforting to Shannon. Karen and I went down to the Royal Botanical Gardens yesterday we went to the rock gardens there. This was such a special place for Shania and Shannon, they loved going up and down through all of the paths, it is so beautiful with all it gardens of different colours and fragrances. They especially liked the water falls there, which starts at the top of the rock garden and meanders down to ponds below. We call these falls"Fairy Princess Falls" which have an almost magical feel about them. We feel that this would be a most fitting place to go if anyone would like to reflect and remember our Fairy Princess Shania. Karen and I sat at the top falls thinking about Shania and watched a butterfly land right beside us, a bumble bee collecting nectar in front of us on a flower, chipmunks and squirrels scurrying around our feet, the sound of water cascading down, birds all around, its beautiful just like our Shania. It feels like if you watch very closely you just might spot a fairy. But I think that this only happens if you "believe in fairies" If anyone would like to go to the RBG to reflect and remember Shania especially at Fairy Princess Falls the directions are at http://www.rbg.ca/pages/visit_directions.html and the website is http://www.rbg.ca/ ,The gardens are at their best right now and in the spring on mother's day when they have the Tulip Festival. A while back before Shania past away a fine lady named Harpa Valdimarsdottir from the beautiful country of Iceland e-mailed us to wish us the best and to say that she had been looking for a survivor of Stage Four Neuroblastoma after relapse and hadn't been successful. Her sisters three year old son Tjorvi has this terrible disease also and was at this same stage. Unfortunately shortly after Shania past away, so did little Tjorvi. Karen and I would like to send Harpa and her sister's family our deepest condolences, we are thinking about you. We have to find a cure or prevention to this disease so these children won't have to suffer like this anymore.
A big thank you goes to Siobhan 8 and Ylenia 3 Wilson for raising $135.00 by making beaded jewellery and selling it out front of their house. Siobhan has known Shania since daycare when they were two. Also thank you to Kerri Zamzow from Wisconsin for buying fifteen of Shania's necklaces and a shirt. Thank you to everyone that continues to support Shania's dream to find a cure. Tomorrow is the RideforKaren and I just found out that the forecast is calling for an eighty percent chance of rain. oh well we won't let a little rain stop us. The harder it is, the more special it will be to accomplish this challenge for a great cause. I think I will take a picture of Shania and a trinket of hers with me for the ride.

I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!
I will always believe in Shania I will I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With love that is true,
Shayne,Karen,Shannon&Whiskey