Thursday, May 31, 2007

Big Beautiful dimples :)

Shania got a MIBG scan done yesterday morning and Dr Baruchel stopped by and said that he can't see any cancer spots on Shania's lungs but we will have to wait until the biopsy comes back to be sure. He does see a hot spot as he puts it, which is showing cancer on her hip/lower back which we already know about. A physio therapist also stopped by in the morning to help Shania with her stretching and exercising, because she has been bed ridden for a while now and can barely walk from all her tendons tightening up. At two thirty Shania went down to the second floor to have a biopsy taken from the spots on her lungs. As the Doctors explained this procedure can be somewhat dangerous because her platlets are so low that she could bleed excessively. Shania was quite fine up until they had to explain all of the dangers involved in this procedure before we signed the consent forms. Our hearts were heavy watching her going off to the O.R. again. As of last night Shania was doing very well from the procedure, no bleeding from the four samples that they took as far as they could tell on the xrays. So we just wait until Friday for the results of what these spots are. We have been seeing those big beautiful dimples again since she had the radiation treatment. Its definitely a sight that we have been hoping for. That long trip down through the tunnel under University st. that links Princess Margret Hospital to Sick Children's Hospital was well worth it. Even though the radiation doses do permanent damage by stunting the growth of the bones in that area. I just wish with all of my heart that Shania's dream will come true, so that no other children have to suffer like this!Dr Ruth stopped by again yesterday and I got to hear The song that Shania had written. Shania sang it and played the xylophone And Dr Ruth played the guitar. I asked Shania if we could put it on the blog and she thought that it was a good idea so here it is:

I love you Forever
You and me, me and you together forever.
With love that is true I love you forever
and ever. You are my mommy, my
mommy forever. You and me , me
and you together forever, with
love that is true me and
you together
forever.

Wow ! talk about having a knot in my throat and tears in my eyes. After all that she has been through, and to listen to our beautiful little girl sing this song to her mommy WOW!!!!!!!!!
With love that is true,
Sincerely,
Shayne,Karen,Shania&Shannon.