Thursday, May 17, 2007

Loves first glow

Shania likes to fall asleep at night to this CD called Sunday Morning Classics "Loves first glow"it is a classical mix of Chopin,Mozart,Bach,Tchaikovsky,Brahms,Beethoven ect... Shania has been listening to this to fall asleep since she came home from the hospital for the first time last year. She was having a hard time falling to sleep and asked if she could listen to some ballerina music and this is the one that she liked from our collection of CD's. I couldn't sleep(bad dreams) and am listening to this CD right now, it has very soft soothing melodies and I can understand why she would want to fall asleep to it. On the cover it says "a quiet time to reflect on the preciousness and joy of your life". And that is just what I have been doing. I have so much to be thankful for, a Beautiful wife that I am so blessed to have in my life. I can't imagine my life without her, I have loved Karen from the first time that I met her and always will, no matter what happens in our lives, she is my soul mate for life. Also I am so thankful that Karen and I were able to have these two wonderful daughters together. I used to say that I never wanted to have kids and now I could not even fathom my life without them. They have taught me so much about life and how it is meant to be lived. Shania was our first daughter to open up this new and incredible world of parenthood to me, and I haven't regretted one moment of it. Shannon just added to this joy when she was born. I am as proud as a father can be to have them in my life.
Tuesday night we found out that Shania has spots on her lungs, which they suspect is a fungal infection. To treat this they have added another Anti-fungal drug to the growing number of meds shes on right now. They can't take a biopsy because of the position it is in her lungs. Yesterday we got some more bad news that she also has a infection in her central line(which is the line they give her all of the IV drugs,this goes into a major artery in her neck) she is on three strong anti-biotics for this and any other possible infections. Dr Baruchel talked to us about possible using Shania's back up stem cells that they have banked from her bone marrow transplant, to reboot her blood system. They want to do this because her blood work is not coming back from her chemo treatment, and they are worried that her body will not be able to fight off these infections. Shania's pain seemed to have moved to her tail bone also yesterday. Dr Barrera the clinical/health Psychologist came Tuesday afternoon and talked with Shania. She let Shania know that it is normal to have all of these feelings, and that it's good to talk about what she is going through. Dr Barrera has a very kind and soothing manner about herself, and we are glad that she came by to help Shania cope with what she is going through, she said she would come back on Friday to talk some more. Shania asked me Tuesday if we could go to see the play The Phantom of the Opera when she gets out of the hospital. I will goe to see if I can find a DVD of it for her to watch in the hospital for now. Some people have been asking if there is a bank account somewhere where they can donate to Shania's fundraising efforts, which go to The James Fund for Neuroblastoma Research at Sick Children's Hospital. We opened an account for Shania's Fun Fair at TD Canada trust under the name "Shania's Sunflower of Hope" and if wished we can get tax receipts issued just E-mail us at Shania.com@rogers.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of our family.
Sincerely,
Shayne,Karen,Shania&Shannon.